Professor of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
Program Co-Leader of Cell Identity and Signaling of Purdue University
Center for Cancer Research (PCCR)
Program Co-Leader of Prostate Cancer Discovery Group of PCCR
Phone: (765) 496-1971
Fax: (765) 494-1414
Purdue Faculty Website: https://www.mcmp.purdue.edu/faculty/hu1
Specialization: Cancer Biology and Cancer Pharmacology
M.D. (1984) - Bengbu Medical College, China (Medicine)
M.S. (1987) - Tongji Medical University, China (Cancer Immunology)
Ph.D. (1997) - Kobe University, Japan (Molecular Biology)
Postdoc (2000-2002) - University of Michigan
July 2017 - June 2021 - University Showalter Faculty Scholar Award of Purdue University
May 2019 - 2019 Chaney Faculty Scholar Award (Research Award in the Purdue University College of Pharmacy)
May 2018 - Lafayette Lions Club Award for Outstanding Achievements in Cancer Research (State Award)
October 2017 - Seed for Success Award (EVPRP)
April 2017 - Pharmaceutical Sciences Teacher of the Year in the College of Pharmacy
(1) Development of novel technologies to image and target transcriptional and epigenetic regulation.
(2) Regulation and function of AP-1 in prostate cancer cells.
(3) Mechanisms and targeting of therapy-induced neuroendocrine differentiation (NED) in prostate cancer.
(4) Role of PRMT5 in prostate cancer development, progression, and therapeutic response.
(5) Development of protein-protein interaction disruptors as novel cancer therapeutics.